News Analysis: HootSuite Acquires uberVU For Analytics And Enterprise Growth
HootSuite Prepares For Enterprise Growth
On January 22nd, 2014, Hootsuite announced its acquisition of analytics provider uberVU for an undisclosed sum. The Bucharest, Romania and Cambridge, MA based software company brings 42 employees and over 200 customers to HootSuite. Key insights for customers and prospects include:
- uberVu provides Hootsuite with enterprise class analytics. uberVU's technology aggregates, analyzes, and distributes real time social data. The solutions supports data sources such as blogs, forums, and social networks. HootsSuite intends to keep uberVU as a separate offering and integrate the products over time.
Point of View (POV): Most big data and analytics solutions in the social and cloud space are misnomers. In fact, these solutions often provide simple, retroactive reporting and dashboards. The addition of uberVU will allow HootSuite users to gain real-time analysis and future industry specific benchmarking capabilities. Moreover, Hootsuite has invested in an increasing set of enterprise features over the past three years (see Figure 1). This analytics acquisition marks a commitment to enterprise class features.
- HootSuite gains key clients. uberVU brings big brands and enterprise logos to HootSuite. Marquee names span across a variety of industries including Ariad, Dassault Systems, DDB, Fujitsu, Getty Images, Giant Eagle, Indiegogo, JDRF, L'Occitane, Method, NBC, Phillips, SC Johnson, Method, NBC, Phillips, and Wolverine Worldwide.
(POV):Using globalization and in-depth industry thought leadership, the uberVU team had grown the company via international enterprise expansion. Most customers praised uberVU for a fair pricing model based on streams, not mentions. HootSuite intends to keep this pricing.
Figure 1. HootSuite's Product Roadmap Represents A Methodical March To Enterprise
The Bottom Line: Customers Should Demand Better Analytics From Their Vendors
Most HootSuite customers have had positive comments about the core social media management offering. However, a key area of opportunity has been better analytics. This acquisition provides a short term solution for existing customers. However, the true benefit arises when HootSuite integrates uberVU into the overall user experience.
As a HootSuite customer are you excited about improved analytics? As a uberVU customer, do you have any concerns with the acquisition? Are you embarking on a digital business transformation? Let us know how it’s going! Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
Please let us know if you need help with your Customer Centricity and Digital Business transformation efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Assessing customer centricity readiness
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- Tuesday’s Tip: Focus On The Business Outcomes, Not Technology With Big Data
- Tuesday’s Tip: Why Context Matters – Forget Real-Time, Achieve Right-Time
- Monday’s Musings: Beyond The Three V’s of Big Data – Viscosity and Virality
- Monday’s Musings: The Three V’s of Big Data
- Research Report: Rethink Your Next Generation Business Intelligence Strategy
- News Analysis: Verint Announces Intent To Acquire Kana For $514M
- Quips: #CES2014 Preview – Trends In Digital Disruption For Consumers Center Around Mass Personalization At Scale
- Tuesday’s Tip: Seven Lessons Learned In Customer Experience Strategies During A Data Breach (such as Target’s)
- Tuesday’s Tip: Understand The Five Generation Of Digital Workers
- Monday’s Musings: The Chief Digital Officer In The Age Of Digital Business
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: Seven Trends From This Year’s Human Resources Technology Conference 2013 (#HRTechConf)
- Event Report: Metaio’s #InsideAR Conference Hails The Future Of An Always On, Always Augmented Reality
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
- Trends: Seven Priorities In The Shift From CMO to Chief Digital Officer
- Monday’s Musings: Understand The Four Organizational Personas Of Disruptive Tech Adoption
- Monday’s Musings: Balancing The Six S’s In Consumerization Of IT
- Monday’s Musings: A Working Vendor Landscape For Social Business
- Product Review: Google+, Consumerization of IT, and Crossing The Chasm For Enterprise Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Using MDM To Build A Complete Customer View In A Social Era
- Research Summary: Software Insider’s Top 25 Posts For 2010
- Monday’s Musings: Avoiding Failure In Social CRM Projects Requires Ecosystem Coordination
- Research Report: The 18 Use Cases of Social CRM – The New Rules of Relationship Management
- Monday’s Musings: Why Every Social CRM Initiative Needs An MDM Backbone
- Monday’s Musings: 10 Essential Elements For Social Enterprise Apps
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy, stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 – 2014 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience!