Research Summary: Constellation ShortList™ Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS)
About this Constellation ShortList
The challenges and requirements around data and application integration are quickly changing. For starters, data increasingly lives and applications increasingly run outside of the four walls of the enterprise as companies embrace cloud-based compute and storage capacity, and as they replace on-premises software with software as a service (SaaS). The mobile, social and big data movements are also accelerating the trend due to these sources usually being outside of the enterprise.
Constellation Research estimates that by 2020, at least 60 percent of the data that the average organization considers to be mission-critical will live outside of the corporate firewall. Against this backdrop, the Integration Platform as a Service (IPaaS) is emerging as a one-stop, cloud-based choice for supporting both data and application integration. It helps companies integrate SaaS applications with other SaaS applications, SaaS applications with on-premises applications and cloud- based data with on-premises data. It also supports data- monetization scenarios, whereby data and insight pipelines serve multiple destinations.
Constellation considers the following criteria for these solutions:
- Accessible and manageable in the cloud
- Addresses both data-integration and application-integration scenarios
- Support ease of use with drag-and-drop or point-and-click functionality
- Minimizes manual coding and encourages repeatability and reuse through prebuilt connectors for popular data sources and data targets; ready-to-run parsing, filtering and data-transformation options; and prebuilt templates or connectors for integrating popular cloud-based and on-premises applications
- Addresses the publication and management of APIs, essential in business-to-business and emerging Internet of Things (IoT) integration scenarios
- Real-time (streaming) options, as well as batch-oriented scenarios that meet modern integration demands
- Addresses a range of latency requirements
The Constellation ShortList™
Constellation evaluates more than 15 offerings in this market. This Constellation ShortList is determined by client inquiries, partner conversations, customer references, vendor selection projects, market share and internal research.
These are the best-of-breed vendors that provide self-service advanced analytics offerings:
- Dell Boomi
Click here, to see all the Constellation ShortLIst categories
What are you doing for integration and orchestration? Are you still hand coding? Let us know!
Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy,stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 -2017 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Executive Network