Event Report: Sapphire 09 Day 1 - ASUG Pre Conference Perceptions
(Photo: Sapphire 09 Outside the South Concourse of the Orange County Convention Center. Copyright © 2009 R Wang. All rights reserved)
Despite the unusual heat wave in Orlando, FL, the SAP faithful and prospects gathered for ASUG's Pre-Conference Seminars. These hard core users came to learn more from the detailed educational sessions and to network with other users around the Americas. Conversations with over 41 attendees and partners revealed a cautious sense of optimism amidst the global economic crisis. Key questions on everyone's minds:
- Would ASUG take a more active and vocal role in future disputes or would they remain working in the background?
- What did the KPI agreement with SUGEN and SAP mean regarding when maintenance would be increased. Will the KPI's be fair?
- How to achieve lower operating costs for running SAP?
- Was there more behind the developments and innovations of Business Suite 7?
- What was in the future for Business by Design?
- What Best Run Now packages would be of interest and relevance to me?
- What Best Run Now packages could be implemented without buying new products?
The bottom line - SAP customers seek clarity in its solutions and future business practices
In this age of risk mitigation and a desire to reduce operating costs, customers will be asking SAP for its clarity in both business practices as well as product road map. User groups will hopefully become more engaged in the process of providing feedback and partnership in the vendor's success. Stay tuned for more analysis from Day 2!
What do you hope to gain from Sapphire? Any new learnings on your end? Will SAP deliver on your expectations? Post your thoughts or send me a private email to rwang0 at gmail dot com.
Follow on Twitter at #Sapphire09
Copyright © 2008 & 2009 R Wang. All rights reserved.