Event Report: Oracle Open World Day 1- The Word On The Street Report
(Source: R Wang & Software Insider POV, Copyright © 2009 All rights reserved.)
Interesting tidbits from Day 1 include:
- Oracle tells SaaS providers they can use a new SaaS/Cloud computing model to purchase a limited number of Oracle products in a "pay as you grow" manner.
- Attendees propagating rumors about Fusion Apps being announced on Wednesday in Larry's keynote.
- Customers discussing how Oracle now leads CRM sales with CRM OnDemand before any other on-premise product.
- Dell confirmed to be selling SalesForce.com products in the SMB channel.
- EBS customers who have upgraded to 12.1 still having a tough time getting the new account and multi-org structures down right. Many system integrators suggest that its best to do a reimplementation.
- PeopleSoft customers buzzing about the new 9.1 release.
- Oracle waiting for Sun deal to close to make next set of acquisition. Charles Phillips tells partners, there's more to buy.
- The roving Rimini Street billboard is back!
We'll be roving around asking some questions during Open World. If you get a chance, let us know:
- Which Oracle products do you use?
- What release of Oracle DB are you on? When will you migrate?
- Are you using Oracle BI Tools with non-Oracle data? or vice versa?
- Do you use RAC? Do you use RAC? Do you know about Exadata and would you consider it?
- When will you consider Fusion Apps?
- Is the delay in Fusion Apps, affecting your timing for software upgrades?
- Are recent maintenance price hikes having an impact?
- When do you plan to adopt Fusion Middleware?
- How much will Fusion cost you in reimplementations?
Feel free to post your comments here or send me an email at rwang0 at gmail dot com or r at softwareinsider dot org.